Any information displayed or given on this website does not take into account any person’s personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it. You should also consider obtaining individual legal, financial and/or other professional advice before making a decision in relation to any investment. In deciding whether to open, or to continue to hold, an account or product, the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Financial Services Guide for that account or product should be considered.
Third Party Information and Links
Some of the information displayed on this website may be provided by third parties who are not related to Integral Private Accounting (‘Third Party Information’). Integral Private Accounting is not in any way responsible for and does not guarantee the quality or accuracy of any Third Party Information.
Information we collect
In order to provide our clients with our professional services, we may collect and use personal information about you and others. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our professional services.
The type of personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to, contact details, dates of birth, gender, financial records and other contact details. On occasion we may also collect government identifiers such as drivers’ licences, passport and Medicare numbers, visa and work permit status.
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (e.g. information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and it is practicable to do so, we will seek your explicit consent before collecting your sensitive information and inform you of the purpose at the same time.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect a client’s personal information only from the individual client.
However, occasionally we may also collect personal information from someone other than the individual, for example from suppliers, contractors and third party service providers to operate our business such as contact details and account details. We may also collect personal information that is publicly available.
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
Our employees are obliged and trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Purpose of collection
We collect personal information so we can:
- identify our clients, potential clients and their representatives
- inform you or others of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you or them
- inform you or others about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services
- provide you or others with information about offers or other benefits that may become available
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services
- carry out billing and/or debt recovery activities
- carry out our management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services
Use and Disclosure
We use and disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services.
Except where indicated above, we will not use or disclose personal information unless:
- the individual concerned has consented to the use and disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to a related body corporate; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Cross border disclosures of information
We are likely in the future to disclose your information to an overseas contractor in Vietnam. If in future we wish to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, we will only do so with your consent or otherwise in compliance with the Australia Privacy Principles.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product and service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
Those who prefer not to receive information about our products and services can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us, using the details listed below.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or service on an individual, unless individuals have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us, using the details listed below. However, where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency,
we may deny your request for access.
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why.
We may also charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request.
Quality & correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Website & cookies
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We do not use this technology to access any personal information of a user in our records and a user cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy, please contact us, using the details listed below, so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
Contacting Us and Privacy Issues
You can obtain further information on request about the way in which we manage the personal information that we hold or you can raise any privacy issues with us, including a complaint about privacy, by contacting us on email@example.com
We are committed to resolving your complaint.